The notification showing the name of the post, qualification, vacancy details, etc. can be seen on this website as well as in Employment News and local Newspapers.
This is the second item's accordion body. It is hidden by default, until the collapse plugin adds the appropriate classes that we use to style each element. These classes control the overall appearance, as well as the showing and hiding via CSS transitions. You can modify any of this with custom CSS or overriding our default variables. It's also worth noting that just about any HTML can go within the
.accordion-body, though the transition does limit overflow.
The application form and format for different certificates required such as for SC, ST, OBC, etc. are published along with every Employment Notice which can also be downloaded from site.
Yes, every Employment Notice has its specific application format which must be adhered to. Applications in different format are subjected to rejection.
Before applying against any Employment Notice, read the whole Employment Notice very carefully and strictly follow the given instructions because non adherence to prescribed instructions leads to rejection of candidature. To avoid rejection of your application in the very first instance, you should:
- Use the application format given along with that particular Employment Notice only.
- Fill up the correct Employment Notice No. in the application format and check availability of all the items of the given format if you are using an application form printed by a private agency. It would be better if you use the application form available in the Download section of this website after downloading & printing it.
- Start filling up the application form in your own handwriting which must be legible (never use correction fluid etc. to correct filled up information, rather use another fresh application format).
- Completely fill up the application form. Do not leave any item blank. Your Name, your Father’s/Husband’s name and your Date of Birth must match with your 10th/Matric certificate.
- Fill up identification mark available on your body. These are generally available in your 10th/Matric admit card or else you may fill up visible identification mark on your body. Writing No marks does not serve the purpose.
- If instructed in the Employment Notice, you must attach self attested copies of the required certificates, viz., your Date of birth certificate, your educational qualification certificate, your caste certificate etc. Also mention the name of certificates in the appropriate item of the application form under the heading List of Enclosures.
- If you have to pay the examination fee, it should be paid through Indian Postal Orders only. Also mention IPOs details in the appropriate item of the application form under the heading Fee details. Fees paid through other means will not be acceptable.
- Write/copy the Declaration in your own running handwriting. (It should not be in English capital letters).
- Affix (Do NOT Staple) your photo at the given place in the application form. Your photograph must be without cap or goggles. Do not paste Xerox copy of the photo.
- If you are Physically Handicapped (Visually Handicapped, Hearing Handicapped or Orthopedically Handicapped), ensure that you have a valid certificate issued from the competent authority and your disability is not less than 40%. Phrases like ‘about 40%’, ‘approximately 40%’ used in the certificates do not qualify you to be treated as Physically Handicapped.
- Ensure that you are within the age bracket as sought for in the concerned Employment Notice.
- Put your signature(s) at appropriate place in the application form. Your signature must not be in English capital letters. It should be in running hand.
- Put your Left Thumb Impression (LTI) at appropriate place in the application form. You must ensure that the given LTI is clear and readable. Do not use excess pressure on your left thumb while putting the LTI.
- Do not send multiple applications for the same vacancies as duplicate applications are identified and lead to rejection of candidature.
- Ensure that you send your application at the appropriate address.
Except those who have been exempted from payment of application fee, all others have to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) only as per latest instructions of Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), New Delhi. Application is to be paid through Indian Postal Orders only. Fees paid through Demand Draft, Cash or Money Order etc. or any other form of fee, are not acceptable and will lead to rejection of candidature.
The duly filled in application form along with copies of relevant certificates and photograph, complying with the requirements as laid down in the employment notification should be sent either through ordinary post or dropped in the specific box provided at the office of Railway Recruitment Cell.
Application sent through Speed-Post, Registered Post or Courier will not be acknowledged.
Railway Recruitment Cell sends Call Letters to the eligible candidates under Business Post for the examination. The Call Letters are sent to the candidates one month before the scheduled date of examination. Notices regarding schedule of examination are published in the newspapers of zonal jurisdiction, employment news and on this website. Notice Board section of this website contains the information regarding latest developments.
You can know the status of your application on this website by visiting "Application Status" & "Result" section or contact Railway Recruitment Cell, East Central Railway on telephone numbers listed on "Home Page" or in the "About Us" section of this website. You may also visit "Contact Us" section of this website to send your inquiries via e-mail. As per schedule published in newspapers and on this website, a special enquiry counter is also made operational prior to the date of written examination to assist the candidates.
As per prevailing rules, the stages for empanelment against the notified vacancies are given below:
- There shall be a written examination of 90 minutes duration consisting of 100 questions.
- Based on merit position according to the normalized marks obtained by all the candidates, Community-wise number of candidates equal to 3 times the number of community-wise vacancies, shall be shortlisted to let them appear in the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Rest of the candidates shall be treated as not qualified in the written examination.
- Criteria fixed for Physical Efficiency Test which will be only qualifying in nature and will not affect the merit position of a candidate derived out after written examination:
Male Candidates Female Candidates Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 (one thousand) metres in 4 (four) minutes and 15 (fifteen) seconds in one chance. Should be able to run for a distance of 400 (four hundred) metres in 3 (three) minutes and 10 (ten) seconds in one chance.
- Physically Handicapped candidates are to be treated separately as they are exempted from Physical Efficiency Test.
- Out of PET qualified candidates, number of candidates equal to 1.2 times community-wise the number of vacancies, shall be called for to appear in the process of Document & Candidature verification. Participation of rest of the candidates who do not qualify PET or who do not come under the zone, i.e., 1.2 times criteria (based on their merit position in written examination), will terminate at this stage. 20% extra candidates are called to meet the eventuality like non-turning up of candidates in higher merit position etc. The size of provisional panel will be equal to the vacancies only.