The mission areas identified for realizing the main objectives stated in the Vision are the following:
- To augment the capacity to handle freight services by constructing new lines, laying double lines where necessary and through signaling improvements.
- To take up necessary works to ease bottlenecks in the transportation network so as to achieve higher speed and throughput.
- To induct modern rolling stock to derive the benefit of upto date technology.
- To monitor the system of grievance redressal so that the level of satisfaction among rail users improves.
- To monitor closely all aspects earnings and expenditure so that the organisation functions in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- To constantly upgrade the facilities extended to passengers and to minimize the adverse environmental impact of the organisation’s activities.
- To constantly strive to improve the working and living conditions of our employees.
- To continuously innovate and stay up to date in terms of technological advancement and to achieve the best possible standards of safety in train operations at all times.